Why does a honey bottle contain a warning?

I once read a National Geographic-type article on the wonders of honey. It stated that there had never been a confirmed case of allergic reaction to honey. But my honey bottle has a warning not to feed honey to infants less than a year old. Why?

Read more

Help get the Beekeeping Merit Badge Reinstated

Be Sociable, Share!
This entry was posted in Health and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Why does a honey bottle contain a warning?

  1. Bodie says:

    Because honey can host botulism spores. The digestive systems of children under a year old are not equipped to deal with that possibility, and they can suffer food poisoning from eating honey.